Ok...enough You've got Mail references.
But I really do love fall. Summer weirdly isn't my thang, hot dry weather does nothing for my soul. But fall? Fall is when I fall in love over and over again with the lovely corner of the world I live in. Consider me utterly infatuated with Southern Utah and her charms.
Let us proceed onto poor quality cellular telephone photographs! Holla!
![]() |
| Perfectly delicious vegetables from Tropic. Naturally used to be dutch ovened on the mountain. *heart eye emoji* |
![]() |
| I made Marissa snap this on our drive back from parking the trailer at Sydney Valley. Cedar City skies make me all twitterpated inside. |
![]() |
| Are you a sucker for sunset pictures with four wheelers? You should be ya know. |
Fall means change. Changing leaves, changing weather, changing of baby faced boys into bearded men... it prompts, practically demands change! I've been wanting and wishing and waiting to do something different with my raggedy locks of hair. I've been making it a matter of some pretty intense prayer. Feedback has been minimal, so I suspect it's not an issue worth receiving an answer via arch angel.
So, I gave it serious thought, made an appointment with a trusted professional and took the plunge into the land of blunt bangs.
If you're a strong advocate of only letting people with proper education and training touching your hair, please read no further. Because actually I cut my own hair. On a whim. And yeah, I'm feelin' a little sheepish admitting that. I really do think that the people who should cut your hair, should be the people that do it for their career. I can't actually defend my decision or explain it. Let's leave it at, I cut my own hair, and we should all feel grateful I'm not partially bald.
![]() |
![]() |
| And then I dyed it. Shhh don't tell anyone. |
Also we visited my most favorite park in St. George. The town square park is magical. The carousel gives me butterfly feelings of happiness. And the splash pad and stream are to die for if you are under the age of 8 and love water. ( or are 20 and still can't get enough of wading in public) On a side note, it's really hard to take pictures of said stream and splash pad without looking like you're an adult creeper taking pictures of other people's children. The mother and I ate lunch in the lovely park and enjoyed the beautiful day and the entertainment of children splashing around in their diapers.
There was the cutest family there with a young down syndrome boy. I have never seen such pure unadulterated joy on a person's face before. The absolute thrill he exuded from splashing through the water was heart warming and enviable. I watched as he ran as hard as he could through the water and spontaneously threw his arms around his brother with a grin that stretched ear to ear. That's the general goal I'm looking for,to just honestly love people as intensely and innocently like that. It was a good moment to witness.
Additionally, I purchased a pair of moccasins. With fringe. FRINGE! I feel Grandma Theora was looking down and was pleased with me.












I'm sure Grandma Theora was pleased�� I love this post! Fall is my favorite as well.
ReplyDeleteErin...Please, please, please come and show me your new moccasins with the fringe.... it makes me lonesome for Grandma Theora just thinking about it.... Loved the beautiful picture of the Temple, the vegies, and the Park. I have never been to that park. i feel I am missing out on something wonderful... love you sweet girl....Thanks for taking time to share....
ReplyDeleteErin.... please, please, please come show me your new moccasins with the fringe.....It makes me lonesome for Grandma Theora just thinking about them. Loved the pictures of the Vegies, the Temple and the Park. I have never seen that park. I feel that i am missing out on something wonderful. Thanks for taking time to share....LOVE YOU TONS...
ReplyDelete