Blurb is actually a noun that means a short description that praises something..usually it's a short advertisement. (don't tell me you never learned anything from my blog. Because, hello, I just taught you a word today)
Now if we're gonna get right down to the nitty gritty-to be read in a Nacho Libre voice-technically every blurb I'm going to write about isn't a praise nor advertisement. However, I am a big fan of bending and twisting the English language to serve my own selfish purposes. Shakespeare did it all the time. So did all the people who made up slang and essentially ruined many traditional English words.
Pretty much I just had a lot of snippets, but nothing concrete enough to really write about.
-It is 100% okay in my book to fall in love with the bearded beauty that hands you your Mexican take-out. Although it's probably important to realize that you're not 'in love' and your feelings towards a person can be heavily swayed if that person is holding guacamole. Guacamole=love.
-These days, and by these days I mean the past 3-4 years, I feel as though I've turned into the Scrooge of Halloween. October 31st you can find me shaking my fist at various hooligans and good for nothing shysters causing shenanigans and tomfoolery unnecessarily. Like people who steal jack-o-lanterns from porches-is that a universal problem or only indicative of Utah?
Honestly, I feel a lot of resentment to the teen and adult versions of Halloween. I dislike that every costume is described with the prefix 'sexy'. Sexy nurse. Sexy cop. Sexy ebola virus. Sexy nun. Which essentially means the costume is the cookie cutter short and tight with appropriate patterns for the title. It's not creative. And frankly short tiny clothing does not exactly mesh with October weather. I dunno, when Halloween turned into time to party and hook up, I became Scrooge. Not that there's anything wrong with that choice of celebration it's just not my scene.
-My bah humbug tendencies revealed, I will say, I am a big fan of the little kid version of Halloween. Trick or treating was so soooo good. Maybe because my Trick or Treating years occured in Circleville-smallville USA- and everyone knew us and we knew them. So stranger danger wasn't a concern or anything.
![]() |
| This is the face of a kid that likes Halloween. (I was Asian in my younger years) |
-October is pretty much the last of the ideal fall weather. So, it is very verrrrry important to soak it all up, suck the marrow as Thoreau would say. The sidewalks and gutters filled with orange-y brown leaves are my catnip.
-Most days I feel like I'm straddling the fence between not caring at all what people think, and being upset that people don't like me. On the one hand, I'm pretty comfortable with the person I am. There's so much about me that frankly can't be changed that I might as well be cool with it. If someone doesn't like it, too bad. On the other hand, I honestly don't like the feeling of people not liking me. It's so uncomfortable knowing that people have a false idea of who you are and not liking you. My devil-may-care and people-pleaser sides have been quite at war as of late.
![]() |
| Delicious! |
-Yoga has been recommended to me by a few people as a means of controlling anxiety levels. I've got nothing against yoga. It's just I find that usually half way through I'm laying on the floor like a starfish staring at the ceiling. The benefits of this probably are not compatible to actually completing a session of yoga. If yoga were a person, they'd be the effortlessly cool person at the party, gathering envy because they don't do their hair or make up; they just 'wake up like that'. Which means laying on the floor like a starfish is probably yoga's distant cousin that can't get a date and most likely consumed paste as a child.
-While Cosmo is not exactly a magazine worth putting a lot of stock in, I'll have you know their horoscopes are spot on. I know this because their horoscope told me my spirit celebrity is none other than Patron Saint of everything wonderful, Ina Garten. Consider me a true believer of horoscopes now. Hallelujah amen, amen.
![]() |
| I did add the halo...it felt right. |
-And lastly. I'm a real big fan of Shannon's offspring. That Jaden boy can puke on my shirt anytime he wants. -Although I'd prefer he didn't-
![]() |
| That wonky slightly droopy eyelid slays me. |










Love the pictures of Esrly childhood Halloween.....you were so adorable and still are. I especially loved your besutiful eyes in the Asian Halloween picture.... Way cute pictures and wonderful memories. I love the fall leaves and all that this season brings. can hardly wait for Thanksgiving. Remember the neat table favors you made lasr year? Very creative and very tasty. Come visit sometime......Miss you and love you....
ReplyDelete