Friday, June 1, 2012

Adventure time :D

So today did not exactly have prospects of being an exciting day. At all.
Do you know why? Because I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Literally. I was still a happy little gangster, but I was not on the right side of my bed. I was on the left side. Otherwise known as the wrong side. The dark side. And the side that for some reason I just never sleep on.

So I showered, which is always a good idea if you want people to like you, and as I was blow drying my hair I was texting my dear Cayley. The future roommate Cayley, we like her. We were talking about how badly I want to see our cute house in Ephraim. And then she said the magical words.
" What if we just drove there randomly today?"

Do you feel the magic in those words? Because there is nothing that screams FUN EXCTING ADVENTURE quite like random road trips to Ephraim.

So at 2:00 we climbed into Cayley's little white car that runs on el-cheapo natural gas (sorry bueller you are expensive-o)
And we drove to the mystical land of Ephraim. I love the drive up there. Sometimes when I drive past the prison I get warm fuzzies of my grandma and grandpa serving their mission in Gunnison :)

We drove into Ephraim, past the college and then...we saw it. 

The best house in the world.


Ever.


No competition.

It was built in the 1920s/30s. So its vintage. Buts its been well kept and slightly remodeled so its also kinda modern. Do you know what this means? Its hipster.


I wish I had taken pictures because there is just no way to describe this fantastic little abode. The closest thing I can compare it to is the Riggs house in Hatch. So you know its cute and classy :)

We have an epic staircase worthy of dramatic princess-like descending entrances. You know what I mean. Like in Anastasia? Cinderella? Peter Pan? Do you follow my meaning? We also have gorgeous vintage door knobs on all the doors. But the kitchen is yellow and the living room is green and everything else is a beautiful white. And there's like a bazillion windows. We also have a creeper cellar ( to smuggle whatever smuggle worthy items we get our hands on)

I'm pretty sure its heaven. I know it makes NO sense to any of you. But if you will just trust me. And wait until I move up/ visit again I PROMISE pictures.

In the meanwhile, imagine the sweet serendipity of me finding my dream house, without even trying!
Also feel free to image the awesomeness of this adobe until there are pictures.

1 comment:

  1. WOW !!! I just cannot wait to see this magical place. It sounds perfect and such a happy place to be. It will be so fun to fix it up with your own personal things. Happy days are ahead. Exciting times to come..and all that jazzy stuff. Keep smiling......

    ReplyDelete