Saturday, June 16, 2012

giggles

Guess what I'm going to blog about? Yup my job. Because pretty much its the most entertaining experience of my life. And if you don't enjoy  it, then you are a hater. Or a fascist . Or a funsucker. But you know what? No judgement, all God's children.

Anyway. I've just been having a ball working at Bryce and living part time in Tropic. I'm a lucky lucky lucky luck girl. Anyway onto stories.

 Funny Stories!


While ringing up 9 stuffed animals I was informed by a a 4 year old that orange lady bugs are mean. And they eat people. So y'all be careful I don't want you to be eaten by those bloodthirsty orange ladybugs...


I accidentally called chapstick, lipstick. The man blinked a few times and said with a completely straight face " I don't wear lipstick outside of my house. Its a deal I have with my wife."
I'm still debating whether he was serious...I'm hoping he was.


During a really busy spurt of tourists a semi-attractive young fella came up to me and says " Excuse me ma'am tell me the different colors you carry for the hoodoo shirt" in a pretty sexy southern accent. But I sat there thinking....you are stupid. See the colors we have on display, those are the colors we have. He then proceeded to tell me that we only had orange in his size. I offered to go look in the back. He gave me a sheepish grin and said "please?" So I went and brought him back a shirt in every color we carry. He made his pick, paid for it, winked and said thanks. Later, when I went to go stock t-shirts lo and behold there was in fact NOT a shortage of colors in his size. 
There is only one phrase for this gentleman.


Liar Liar pants on fire. 






See this? This is an autograph. Emily (6) and her grandmother came to my register buying like a bazillion (yes that an exact count) postcards. When I asked grandmother to sign the receipt Emily piped up "Everywhere we go I never get to sign anything!" So i told her I really needed her to sign this paper for me to back up her grandma's signature. She asked me what I was going to do with it. And I told her I was going to keep it so that one day when she became famous I could sell it on Ebay. Her entire face lit up and she said " I'm probably going to be famous when I grow up. I'm going to be the next Hannah Montana!"


Ho boy....I'm gonna be watchin for her on Disney channel now.




Anyway...those are my stories. Its pretty fantastic working with shan-dog. Except she was this flashy ring that chases attractive men from her line to mine. Not that I'm complaining...just excuse me while I blush wildly.

Peace and Blessings yall. :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh sweetheart, life is good.......Sounds like you are having fun and doing a great job. I knew you would. You are good with people and very attractive, which does not hurt one bit, and working with sisters is awesome!!! i know becaure I did it at Bryce and also at a little cafe in Hatch....Oh the joy of being working woman!!!! Keep up the great work...Love you...Gram....

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA hold up...Shannon's wearing a RING? What kind of ring? The special kind that means I should be checking my mail for a lovely invitation to a very elaborate party? And second of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE all your stories I can't even decide which one is my favorite...hmmmm....probably the one where you were so blatantly being hit on and had no clue lOL! MISS YOU GIRLY!!!! When you are in town next can we PLEASE do something out of the ordinary and preferably slightly mischevious?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stories! How about a guy that lies just to prolong conversation with a cute girl? A slight prevarication is justified isn't it?

    ReplyDelete