Sunday, March 3, 2013

Adventure weekend

I love adventures. I love adventures so much in fact, that I label pretty much everything in my life an adventure, just so I can have fun. It's probably a little unhealthy. It's ok guys. 
 
Everybody needs to enjoy life. It really is an adventure. 

However, this weekend, was a real adventure. Not just a 'hey lets go on a Wal-Mart date and pretend like we're having fun there' adventure. Like a better one. 

Randomly, Miss Cayley Grant, found tickets online to a concert in Salt Lake. The tickets were $17, and guess what? I am just rich enough to afford that. Hooray for having small amounts of money!

The concert was for Secondhand Serenade, Alex Goot, and Allred. 
I happen to love Secondhand Serenade. Cayley happens to love Alex Goot. And neither of us had a clue who Allred was. Because perhaps we are less than cultured.

So on Friday, after we both took beastly tests in the testing center, we got in the car and started out adventure to Salt Lake. We dropped our stuff off at her aunt's house and went to the City Creek Center.
I rather love that place. It's so lovely and clean (things can be a little trashy and dirty in Ephraim occasionally). We sat in the food court, and made up stories for the people who walked past.
This proved to me that I might have a future career in writing scripts for soap operas. I may have a slight flair for the dramatic!

We wandered in and out of stores and tried on clothes that we are much MUCH too poor to purchase. College sorta snatches all the money right out of your pockets. 
We bought gelato. Because nothing says fun like gelato. Specifically blood orange gelato. Try it. Love it. Eat it every day. And maybe get fat. 
Saturday was spent thrift shopping and getting ready for the concert. We went thrift shopping before Macklemore. We're not hipster. Just really poor.

I'm not even going to lie to you, we looked super attractive for the concert. So attractive in fact, we took pictures. Which is a really big deal for me, because I HATE pictures. But karma clearly doesn't like us, because the pictures deleted off the memory card when we tried to download them. C'est la vie.
The concert was so incredibly fantastic.

Except for the part where perhaps I was choking on people's smoke.
Allred turned out to be a cutie on the acoustic guitar. He was really shy and adorable. He did a few covers and a couple of originals. I liked him.
Alex Goot, started on youtube doing piano covers. He had a band with him that night.
I like Alex and all, but it was his guitarist who I had my eyes on. He was a lovely middle aged baldie with a beanie. I'm not sure if anyone told him that Alex Goot was the main attraction. Because he sure thought he was the star of the show. He danced and banged his head so hard he lost his beanie several times. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die.
Finally. FINALLY Secondhand Serenade came out. I'm more than a little in love with that guy. He is Be-a-u-tiful. And hilarious. He made tons of jokes while he played and made fun of Enrique Inglesis. It was probably the best thing ever. 
My legs were really sore after things were said and done, and fighting through the drunk people to get back to the car was kind of hilarious.

So basically. I had a lovely weekend. :)

3 comments:

  1. What a fun adventure!! John Allred has a special place in my heart. When I was in high school I saw him perform at open-mic acoustic night at a little club in Provo called Muse Music. He was just starting out but he was sooo good. And I was kind of in love with him. I thought he was so cute... and that voice! Love it. Anyway I am glad you had a good time! Concerts are so fun, weed smoke and sweaty people and all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin Girl,,,,You DID HAVE A WONDERFUL ADVETURE!!!! That would be such a good break from your hard studying. I am so glad you got to have such an outstanding adventure. Sharla said that the City Creek Center is absolutely beautiful. Happy you got to spend some time there. The concerts sound fun even if a little unhealth air is conumed while there. Glad you are home again safe and sound awaiting another grand adventure....Love you tons...Missing you mutchly....Gram

    ReplyDelete