Sorry, this post will have relatively little to do with unicorns. Most likely. Who knows.
To begin, yes, I know it has been a reeeeaaaaally long time since I last blogged. I was on a stubborn strike against blogging. Or I just didn't really have anything exciting to say. Because both are true.
My spring break was beautiful, thank you to whoever made spring break up. I appreciate the creators of spring break with all of my heart and soul. A few highlights of the break were;
- Getting new shoes for Easter. Shoes are always a good thing. Especially when they are sparkly. Sparkles=key to happiness.
- The farm. Enough said.
- The very talented Megan, whom I claim as my flesh and blood, had a photo-shoot. My modeling career is probably going to sky rocket from here on out. My talents include, impersonating Asian tourist poses, and blinking in literally every shot.
- Hanging out with Shannon in her adorable house drinking slushies.
- Going to one of my best friend David's farewell's with my Daddy darling. I think we all know what an obnoxious little goofball that David is, but I'll be darned if he didn't give one of the best talks I've heard! Although I may be biased. He went into the MTC this week, and I'm know he's gonna be amazing.
I pulled over in Monroe and fixed them, probably because I am a pro. I was feeling a little put out that my trip home was gonna be a little longer than I had planned but I was still positive. By the time I got into the canyon that positive feeling sort of vanished. The wind and the rain were basically out of control. And then the unthinkable happened. My windshield wipers gave out again. Which obviously means I am not as much of a pro as I give myself credit for. For a few moments I was completely blind until I pulled over and got out to fix them again. I got back in and, no joke, 5 minutes later they gave out again.
Cue dramatic melt down. I think I can pretty much handle anything if I'm given a heads up, but surprise situations are my Achilles heel. I laid my head on the steering wheel and decided I was just going to stay in my car and live out my life on the mountain. Possibly be killed by raccoons and rot on the side of the road.
Hey, I told you it was a dramatic melt down. This lasted maybe 3 minutes. I made it through the canyon after pulling over 4 more times. I finally made it back to the freeway and was on my way to Nephi. It's possible that I may have lost my sanity on that drive. Partially because driving behind tons of semi's make me crazy (Why can't they drive like normal people? Food for thought) But also because I have a wild imagination and a tendency to talk to myself if I'm left alone for too long.
Long story made longer, by the time I finally made it to Ephraim, I had been in the car driving for 6 hours. Fun fact, it's usually a 2 hour drive.
So 4 extra hours in the car. I'm still recovering from the trauma actually. Cards of condolences are welcome in this difficult time. But only if they have funny cats on them. There is a special spot in my heart for funny cats
Now that I made that cat comment, I feel like I need to compensate by telling you an attractive man story. In case anyone is concerned that I may be on the lonely road of crazy cat lady-dom.
There is a young man who plays his guitar outside the library and sings. I'll give you a moment to swoon over how attractive that is.
Ready?
Yeah he's not just playing the guitar and singing, he's playing the guitar and singing George Strait songs.
Did you faint? Because I nearly did. Really, it's a moment worth getting butterflies over. I've seen him a few times and secretly admired the scenery, because...well someone's gotta do it! ;)
But today while I was in Math class (Why is math class such a happening place with men?) he walked it. My eyes bugged right out of my head! He had missed his class the other day, and was making up hours by coming into our class. And he sat across from me. Oh the butterflies! Oh the romance! Hahaha ok, fine. There was no butterflies or romance. I casually noticed that he was wearing boots, and very nice ones at that! How can I not love?! He started humming what I recognized to be a George Strait song, and I thought 'hello golden opportunity!' I'll just casually start a conversation about George Strait, and BAM! Instant friendship. I tried to work up the courage, but ultimately chickened out.
Maybe it was because I wasn't feeling flirtatious to approach. Or maybe it was because starting a conversation would ruin all the mystique of the mysterious guitar playing boy. Or because we're not supposed to talk while we're working.
Either way, I walked out of class pretty disappointed. But worry not, we are going to meet. And we are going to be best friends. :)





Erin, I still love your blog so much! You are hilarious.
ReplyDeleteAnd also, I know EXACTLY how you felt wanting to talk to that guy and chickening out.
(side note, autocorrect doesn't believe in the word "chickening", can you believe that?!)
I have felt exactly the same way many times. You know, in my pre-marriage days. :) I hope you DO become best friends with him because I want to read all about it! Haha.