Monday, April 8, 2013

Waddup Monday

I really don't love Mondays. I know, it's the most cliche sentiment expressed by probably every human being on the planet. BUT I dislike Mondays for an entirely different reason than all of y'all.

I have no classes on Monday. That probably sounds like a dream come true. It's essentially my second Saturday. All of my weekends are three day weekends. But you know what?

It's too much of a good thing.
The mystique and magic of three day weekends are utterly lost on me because I've become sadly desensitized to their wonder. More than that, I become a completely hermit on Mondays because I really have nothing better to do than be in my room and do homework and occasionally blog.
I have a fear that I am inevitably going to become the Boo Radley of Ephraim.

I do some math, then color in my princess coloring book, then do some math, then get on pinterest, then do some math, then study preach my gospel (we'll address this later) then do some math, then dance around like a crazy lady, then do some math, then give dating advice, then do some math.
And if I'm feeling particularly adventurous I'll go grocery shopping.
I know what you're thinking. You're jealous. You wish you had my life. I know.

Before anyone starts jumping up and down like crazy in their seats thinking I'm secretly going on a mission because I just said I study Preach my Gospel, I'm going to have to ask you to calm down.
At this point in my existence, I have not made the decision to serve a mission or not. While,yes, the age requirement change has presented a wonderful opportunity for me to serve much sooner, it is still a very personal decision that I have not made yet. I'm not saying I'm not going, I'm just saying I'm not going right now. Ok? Everybody cool with that? Good.
The real reason I'm studying Preach My Gospel, is simply the fact that basically everyone I know is either preparing or serving a mission.  That's actually not an exaggeration at all.
 I am so clever sometimes it hurts. But really. That's prety accurate. And since all my friends are on missions and I'm writing or emailing them I figure its a good idea for me to know what they're learning and studying so I'm not completely left in the dust.




I also catch up on everyone's blogs on Monday. Which has basically led me to one conclusion.
I am never going to be an inspirational blogger. There is probably never going to be a day when you read a post that I have written, cry and vow to change your life. That would be fantastic, and I wish I had that power, alas I do not. However, if I have ever made you laugh or at the very least smile at something I wrote, I am completely satisfied.




So to everyone out there, Happy Monday.














1 comment:

  1. Sorry, i just found your Blog.....Gramps has had kind of a bad week and I have not spent much time on the computer... i just get started and have a few interuptions. and don't get back on for a while. He is doing better tonight. WE don't go in to Dr. Marshall untill next Monday the 22nd. WE love you Erin Girl and you write exceptionally great posts.... Keep them coming. WE love hearing how your life is going. You will be home soon...YEA..YEA.....We can hardly wait. Keep up the great work....loving you and missing you...Gram...

    ReplyDelete