Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hey June!

Apparently its June. I don't know how the entire month of May sneaked past me, but I'll be darned if it didn't  just fly by!

I know it's been a really really long time since I blogged. I'm not apologizing, I'm just admitting to the obvious truth.

I had my birthday. I'm officially kind of old. I know I'm kind of old, because I'm getting increasingly boring. I didn't actually really do anything for my birthday, which would be proof of my boringness.

Fact of the matter is, I'm so dang boring these days I have nothing to blog about. All I do is look for jobs, sleep eat and watch Netflix. I mean I'm not exactly living the high life over here.
However, a big part of my life is emailing and writing my missionaries. I love these boys! And luckily they have exciting lives I can share with you!







 This is my precious little Elder Bishop. He's been a dang good friend since sophomore year in seminary when I made him cry. Yes I made him cry and it was the beginning of a beautiful, although very silly friendship. Robert, occasionally known as Bill is serving in the Seoul Korea mission. He bought this new jacket at one of the stores there and bragged about it in so many of his letters because it makes him look like a model ;) So naturally I had to demand a picture. I think he looks quite dapper!
I've never thought "hey I should visit South Korea just for kicks and giggles!" But Robert's goooorgeous picture of the beach makes me think perhaps I do need to visit South Korea.



This lovely picture is from that silly boy David. Or Elder Cardon as I probably should call him. He's serving in the Paris France mission, although right now he's in Brussels. We don't really write each other very much so I can't tell ya any good stories, in fact I can't even tell you where this picture he sent me was taken. His emails are short and sporadic, which doesn't bother me because it just means he's really focused on the work! But ya gotta admit, wherever this picture is taken is gorgeous!



This is good ol Elder Passey. Ronald is serving in the Novosibirsk Russia mission! I do love all of my cute little missionaries equally, but if I had to give a prize to the best letter writer it would be Ronald. His letters are very detailed and he almost always sends me pictures. This lovely picture was taken in March! Can you believe that snow? The large building in the background is the apartment building that he and several other missionaries live in. He assured me that while the outside of the building may look rough, the inside is very nice and that the missionaries are very spoiled!
This is one of the older Russian temples in his first area Omsk. It's really small and plain compared to the other temples.

This is another Russian temple from his first area in Omsk. These are the kind of buildings I personally always imagine when I think about Russia. They're so ornate and pristine they almost look unreal! Ronald really loved this building he said in his email it was 'super gorgeous inside and out!' On a side note though, isn't he just the cutest little missionary you ever did see?

This picture really confused me until I read Ronald's description. This is a sewer man statue in Omsk. Apparently it's really famous there and everybody takes pictures with it. I thought it was pretty funny to have a statue man poppin his head out of the road!


My whole life, I felt kind of ripped off that I didn't have an older brother, or a brother period that would go on a mission. I'm pretty lucky that I have so many great friends who chose to serve missions and let me adopt them and pretend I have a missionary brother. Dreams do come true! Honestly, I think I'm more annoying than first time mothers that never stop talking about their baby. Because, really, I talk about my missionaries ALL the time! It's such a blessing in my life to hear their experiences and be uplifted by the growth they're making spiritually. I feel like I'm having all these wonderful adventures and traveling experiences vicariously through them and I don't even need to leave Cedar!









1 comment:

  1. Thanks beautiful Erin....Love this post. Isn't missionary work great? They all look busy and happy serving our Heavenly Father. I am sure they asppreciate your interest and your letters,{or E-MAILS} whatever. How is the job hunting going?? Hang in there. One of these days, when you least excpect it it will happen. We just have to be persistant. Love you much...

    ReplyDelete