But, the best weather to me, is summer rain. It cools down just enough to make it bearable, and adds a little humidity, which for a girl who lives in a dry area, is refreshing. I love the way the sky turns gray and out of seemingly no where the sky opens up and it pours.
If I could grow up and live somewhere that rains every day, I would consider myself a very lucky girl.
Besides being a fan of rain, I'm also a fan of Spotify. It's like Pandora's better half. There's still commericals, but I get to play whatever I want, and can skip all the boring stuff.
The only thing I didn't like about Spotify was that it posted everything you listened to on Facebook. Being technologically slow, I didn't figure out how to put it on private session for a very long time.
I love private session. Because if I want to listen to one Justin Timberlake song on repeat for two hours, I reserve that right. Not that I do that. (yes I do. And it's Mirrors. I'm obsessed. Judge me.)
The ray of sunshine in my life continues to be my missionary friends. I'm the number one fan of misssionaries. There is almost nothing better than getting to be exposed to different cultures and places, if only through letters and email ;)
| Inside an old Russian church |
| In Finland renewing visas |
You remember Elder Passey don't you? Every time he sends me pictures the only word that comes to mind is "precious". Elder Passey is just so darn precious. Haha I'm sure he would appreciate me calling him precious. But guys, he's totally precious. He is absolutely in love with the people and the language, despite it's difficulties. I love getting his emails every Saturday! What I don't love is waiting for his snail mail to get to me! I just have to share a few parts of his email this week :)
" So there is a holiday in Russia that has something to do with John the Baptist and people just go around and spray, splash everyone with water, "baptizing" them and washing them clean from their sins, but really it is just a big day for a city water fight. So as you can guess missionaries are a pretty big target on this day, luckily we only had one good spray. We were talking with a couple on the street and a car drove by and sprayed us with water guns however we ended up not getting to wet because the couple was standing in between us and the car, but we all had a good laugh out of it anyway. "
All I'm saying is America should have this holiday. I approve of water fight holidays! Admit it, you wish you could spray whoever you want for a whole day.
Anyway next story.
"One day when we were walking to the office there was a car on the side of the road with a flat tire, but it seemed like there was quite a bit of front end damage on the front end for having just a flat tire, it looked a little bit weird but I was like uh we are in Russia who knows what happened. Then about 3 hours later we were on our way home for lunch and the car was getting towed. Then as we got closer we realized that there was a manhole without a cover, so the car was probably driving along the road, drove into the manhole, popped its tire, damaged the front end and then came to a rest along side the road. Only in Russia are manholes so dangerous! Actually parents as they are raising their kids they teach them not to walk on any man holes because the covers are wobbly or they can just fall through! So there is a little bit of Russia for you!"
Makes me pretty grateful man holes in America aren't so dangerous!
Like I said, Elder Passey is pretty precious.
I don't have any pictures from Elder Bishop. But his mission has gotten so big that they split it! He's now in the Seoul Korea South mission, he was transferred this week and loves his new area and new companion! Elder Bishop is basically just endless laughs. No matter what is going on good or bad he is always finding the sunny side and making everything fun.
And of course Elder Cardon. Things have been kinda busy for both of us I guess, because we haven't really written much lately! But that's good, cuz he is working really hard! After much procrastination on my part, I finally mailed him a letter. That I've had sitting on my desk for about two weeks. So yes, I win the best friend of the year award for sure. He told me he has mailed me a letter, but I have yet to receive it. They don't call it snail mail for nothin' guys. It's safe to say between waiting for Elder Passey and Elder Cardon's letters, I have developed a deep seeded hatred for the mail man. Sometimes I glare at him after he drops our mail off and there is no letters. I'm mature, it's fine. You can ask me where or what the picture is, I wouldn't know! Elder Cardon often forgets to explain what the pictures he sends me are of. So I just try to appreciate getting pictures of my pal's smiling face.






It's totally the place where love birds put a lock on the fence/gate/whatever and throw the key in the river or something. Yeah? I want to go to France. Any takers? :p P.S That Russian church is awesome! And I'm a fan of Fall weather for sure. This summer heat is kicking my bum too.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh, you have so many awesome missionaries! How great! I'm sure they're such a great source of inspiration for you.
ReplyDeleteAnd I just have to say, after living in a place that is super humid all summer long, I would take dry heat ANY DAY. The grass is always greener, I guess!
It's fun to hear about your friends & how they are doing on their missions. Thanks for sharing :)
ReplyDelete