Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sometimes I think about Goldfish

I apologize. Because I really hate titles. But it's true in case you wondered, I do in fact think about goldfish. I think about goldfish quite often actually. Both the deliciously unhealthy snack cracker and the living creature.
I someday would like to own a goldfish of my own.

I remember as I child dying to have a fish, or a turtle, or a frog. But alas, I think my mother shot me down every time I asked for one. Which probably had something to do with the fact that I would've killed a fish/frog/turtle really fast. I'm a known killer. Of small animals.Occasionally large animals. And plants.
I would like to, however, point out that I am an absolute pro at pet rocks. They call me the rock whisperer. It's fine.

Anyway. Goldfish rant aside, life is going swimmingly (see what I did there? I know. So punny)

In good news, I have decided to spare the mail man's life, and call a truce on our unspoken war. In other words, I finally got the letter from Elder Cardon I have been waiting for. Turns out the mail man wasn't trying to ruin my life or test my patience at all, just that Elder Cardon wrote my address down wrong. I feel, in this situation, it would probably be appropriate for me to bake our mail man cookies, and perhaps write him a touching card, in which I will apologize for the malicious plots I had formed against him.

I love mail. I love mail more than Steve from Blues Clues loved mail. Albeit, I do not have a catchy song for when the mail comes, suffice it to say, I love mail. I'm pretty sure that's a consequence of our highly electronic society, because I could care less about how many emails I get. But snail mail? Even if it's a credit card company offering me who knows what, or bills, or wedding announcements, or even hate mail, I am filled with so much joy. Bless you whoever sends me mail, and may all your dreams come true.

There's a lot of things that are great about missionary mail. I mean they have wonderful gospel insight, hilarious stories, and good advice. But, probably what I love most about having missionaries, is the absolutely classic artwork.

We call this piece, "Close, but no Cigar", because, I have no idea what this picture is about. It is awe inspiring though...if you like demon cats and me as a missionary with a large scribble in the middle.
We appreciate the effort that went into this glorified doodle. Truly, we do. ( Let it be noted how much more intelligent one sounds when they use the term 'we')

In other news, I'm going to be an aunt. Which, obviously is going to be one of the greatest things to happen to me, that will probably only be topped when I finally get to hold a baby monkey. (It's a legitimate goal guys. And it's going to happen) Not that I've ever been an aunt before, but I can already tell you it's a wonderful job. Essentially, you get to spoil the crap out of a small human being, feed it sugary treats when you're not supposed to, and as soon as it sneezes/barfs/farts/cries you hand it back to it's rightful owners...I mean parents. All the joys of a baby, minus basically all of the responsibility. BRILLIANT.

On the homefront of anyone wondering what's going on in my daily life, allow me to update you. I am taking the semester off. Which is either the greatest, or stupidest decision of my life, results of this decision to be evaluated at a later date. I was answering phones part time at Heaton Financial, very proficiently I might add. However, his intern has come back from summer break and has resumed their rightful place in the office. So, basically what I'm getting at, is I'm unemployed again.
Ummm, I'm very poor, having a reasonable amount of money in my savings account would be an absolute honor, I'm a writer, I'm writing a unicorn zombie thriller novel (No I'm not. That's a lie), I'm still terrible at whistling, I'm a slow runner, and I'm obsessed with sleeping.
That's the truth of my life right now, and I'm not sorry about it. I'm 19 years old. I'm fairly certain, it's 100% ok not to have your life completely figured out by now. At least, that's what I tell myself. If you feel otherwise, please don't burst my bubble. Ignorance is bliss.
To sum up, here is an accurate depiction of how on top of this whole 'adult life' stuff I am.



2 comments:

  1. Loved the blog! So sorry to have denied you the essential goldfish experience as a child :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking time to blog....I always love reading them. Loved the drawing you recieved in the mail......VERY INTERESTING.....To say the least. I also love mail.....Should we be Pen Pals????

    ReplyDelete