Saturday, June 21, 2014

Hey June!


June has brought some good times, life lessons, excellent naps, and the occasional snuggle of the nephew. 

Potentially Jaden boy is the coolest tiny human I have encountered.
We are lucky Shannon and Matt share their child with us sometimes  ;)
(Just look at those peepers, doesn't it melt your heart?)


Look at that little face. Kills me every time. ( nbd Shannon, just putting your child's face all over social media)

June has brought me a lucky opportunity to participate in some more college classes. I always have enjoyed learning, and for most of my educational career, school has come pretty easily for me. Obviously with various circumstances college has not been that way for me. Not getting to go to school for a year has really given me a greater appreciation for education and how important it is. Summer classes has been hard and I think I've complained a lot more than I should, but underneath my griping I am truly grateful to be at least trying to move forward in school. 

The biggest surprise of June was me getting a job again. I'm working for Heaton Financial as a receptionist/secretary/gopher/whatever you wanna call it again. I worked a little bit there last summer until Kimber's intern came back for the school year. So, I go in a few times a week and answer phones, type up client logs, organize files and write client birthday cards.
Can I emphasize the last part. WRITE BIRTHDAY CARDS. Dream. Come. True. Getting to pick and put together birthday cards for random people I don't even know has got to be the greatest thing I've ever been paid to do. 
Basically it feels like working in an episode of Mad Men. Except nobody's drinking scotch in their office and I'm enjoying considerably more human rights. So...just a lot of suits and typing going on. 

The combination of both school and work is a real balancing act for me. It's important for me to keep my stress levels and load low enough I don't get overwhelmed and start not functioning well. Most days, it's just busy and hectic, but manageable. 
I guarantee Elder Cardon wouldn't be my friend
 if he knew I exploited his face on the internet like this.
But other days it feels like this ^^^^. Scrunchie stress face feeling. But, it keeps working out, and for that, I am very happy.

I'm learning more and more that playing the comparison game doesn't do any good. I look at my life right now and compare it to other young people my age and think I'm not measuring up. It's been an important lesson to learn that even though people's lives may look enviable and perfect from the outside looking in, you have no idea what struggles they actually deal with. I'm learning that my personal set of circumstances, setbacks and struggles are a reason to work harder to get what I want. I can't and won't ever reach perfection, all I can do is do the very best I can under my circumstances. 


2 comments:

  1. My what cuties...You and your litttle nephew make an adorable pair.......He just keeps getting cuter and cuter. So happy about your fun job, I am sure you are very good at it...... i know summer school is sometimes difficcult but you can totally do it....You are awesome....I am still hoping for a short visit one of these days. The run for Grandpa and Aunt Sharla {Gramps Champs} was great....Lots of memories and a few tears....We are truly blessed to have had him in our lives. {our runners did so good}

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Very Cute Picture of Elder Cardon.....

    ReplyDelete