Monday, February 9, 2015

February I'm ready

I like you February, you're a real keeper. I like you even when people turn you into a barftastic brag-a-palooza of who has the best significant other. I like you even when people turn you into a hate ALL the people in relationships kinda shindig. I like you even when people ignore the other holidays like President's day and Ground Hog's day. I like you February with your funky spelling and contradictory pronunciation. You're a real gem of a month I think.


Like every month, February snuck right up on me. I get very focused in on the day to day and weekly living that I when I pop my head out of my ostrich hole in the sand I'm always pleasantly shocked it's a new month.

School is going well. Much better than I anticipated, although I may have just had some intense negative realistic Garth-ish(?) preconceived notions of how the semester would go. My classes are near the end of the day, and I've really grown accustomed to how quiet campus is in the later afternoon. It's beyond lovely and just the right amount of chill, and I appreciate that aesthetic greatly.
I feel blessed that, rather serendipitously I think, my classes are topics and interests I find worthwhile and interesting. Except Oedipus Rex. Never Oedipus Rex.
I won't lie and say I skip all over campus in a chronic state of awe and gratitude for this opportunity. That unicorn of a fantasy is sooo not the reality. Some days are hard. There are definitely days where the skeletons in my closet get rattling around too loudly and make accomplishing anything nearly impossible. It's a frustrating and less than fantastic sort of relationship, but I accept that it's the reality of my life right now.

So poor quality picture dump? ok!
I broke down and hopped on the trend train of wearing Birkenstocks.
They're insanely comfortable with somewhat helps ease the pain of being
a 'trend follower'. They received the high honor of a smackin kiss from Jaden
so, idk they must be pretty great


I started a new cross stitching project a while back, and I have good faith
that it will take forever to finish.

SUU looking delightfully dapper

Lowkey my favorite picture I've taken. 

Jaden is a real cowboy for Grandpa Heap! He drives truck like an old pro!

My cow Joan-like from  Mad Men? you know, red head and a large...hiney?-had her calf this weekend. yeeyee!

1 comment:

  1. Glod you are "enjoying' school......Just hang in there and make it through. It will get much better. Love the pictures of the campus. it really is a beautiful campus. I love the tall trees and wooded areas.... great pictures, great family, GREAT BABY CALF. really it is so adorable..... Love this time of year. Thanks so much for postig....I love reading your posts....

    ReplyDelete