Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A conglomerate of thoughts

Perhaps you noticed-and I solidly understand if you did not- that I switched up the template of this ol blog. I experimented with pre-formatted templates and summoned all the residual knowledge about html code and wed design I learned in high school....and finally settled on minorly tweaking the design I had and making a header.
3-ish hours later, and I am only 45% satisfied with the results.
---
Something about beginning classes again brings out all these hidden agendas that have been hibernating in my brain, ruminating into wild beasts when released. Just your casual, revamp and drastically alter your entire existence kinda things. No big deal.
For example, I threw away/donated a large chunk of my closet. I find I live and function better in simple terms, and a wardrobe that is bulging with clothes I don't really wear is not helpful to that cause.
Which prompts the subject;how long, is too long to keep and wear clothing? If I have a shirt(or five) from,oh I don't know, 2011 that I still like, is it still kosher to wear it? It's such a tough call, when you take into consideration, I was 16 in 2011. And can you wear teenager clothing as an adult? Am I even qualifying as an adult yet?
It's all quite silly and insignificant problems to be agonizing over. Sort of a stubby fork vs long fork kind of debate. Which is an issue near and dear to my heart.
---
Every day I go to class, whether it's as I'm arriving, sitting through a lecture, or walking homeward, I have been struck with a sense of absolute gratitude for this opportunity. After the first day of class, I sat in my car and cried a little bit. It felt immeasurably good to be on campus and to sit in a classroom, and I almost couldn't believe I got to be there. As we progress and move forward through life I believe there are specific journeys or callings we need to accomplish. It's all very personal, and individualized for each person what they want most to be doing. To my very core, I feel this is the direction I need to be going. It's out of my comfort zone, and it's honestly wearing me out, but it is intensely satisfying.
---
I feel at some point in your life, you ought to ponder what character in Little Women you would be. I'm sure it is an essential life quest, and not at all something you do when reality can't catch your full undivided attention. ;) I'd like to say I'm a Jo, although I'm not nearly extroverted enough. Plus I would never let a catch like Laurie get away, you know?
But if we were talking You've Got Mail characters, well I'm a Kathleen Kelly with a healthy dose of Patricia. I do make coffee nervous, and I am part camel. So there is that spiel. Thank your, ladies and gentlemen.
---
There is something really rather lovable about bad dates. I enjoy a good date as much as the next person, they're probably the general goal to shoot for in the dating world. But I've got a real soft spot for bad dates. I mean, hilariously bad no-one's-gonna-believe-me horrendous dates. I get slightly giddy halfway through catastrophic dates thinking about how fun it is going to be telling this story and laughing about it. I had a doozy of one recently. We're talking train-wreck being flushed down a toilet bad. However, this is the internet and it is important to be sensitive of other people's feelings, so I shouldn't go into details. Besides, I feel like my parents have already spread the tidings of great disappointment to most of my family. Suffice it to say, nothing says bad boy like no eye contact whatsoever and nasty ice cream. Swoon, am I right?
---
Amy Winehouse and Cat Stevens have been dominating my listening habits, should you be curious about that. Which is all very good and fine in my book. Cat Stevens sort of, occasionally gives me a John Denver and James Taylor kinda vibe, you know? And anything even in the same vibe neighborhood as James Taylor has to be a good idea- am I right or wrong, Cherene?

2 comments:

  1. OH ERIN....This is so much fun.....I LOVE reading your posts. The stubby fork is definately dear to my heart. I love your sweet grandpa Walace. My life is so quiet and uneventful without his big joyful laugh and his funny sayings...and over all his fun personality...He is a good one isn't he? I know you are happy in school even though it took courage to start again.. i am so proud of you and love you with all of my heart. The campus is so beautiful summer, winter, spring or fall. isn't it? I hope you have some fun teachers and some inspiring teachers I guess they all have their good points don't they? Keep bloging......It gives me something to look forward to.......and yes you are a Jo...only better...Love you little angel....

    ReplyDelete