Thursday, July 12, 2012

*Sigh* :/

Don't be fooled by my melodramatic and slightly angst ridden title. I am not sad nor depressed.

Perhaps a teensy bit tired though. See because did you notice that I haven't blogged for a significant amount of time? Because I noticed. And I'm sure  you put all the pieces of the jigsaw puzzled together and extrapolated to the solution that I was in fact working my little tushy off at the NHA bookstore in good ol' Bryce Canyon.

And thats precisely what I've been doing working. Day in. Day out. Sometimes in between in the in and out of Day.


In case anyone was wondering I have a pretty ballin foreign coin collection going. 


Today, a very sweet Italian man gave me a 10 cent Euro piece for good luck. He said a magical sounding phrase in Italian and said " I'm not sure if that even translates into English, but done and done you will have good luck"


I giggled and said I hoped so. 


But seriously.


For the most part I don't even think I need my good luck coin, because life is rather marvelous. Except every once in a while I get hit with the droops.


The droops are when you kind of feel like your balloon of happiness is losing its perkiness and spark. Thusly you feel a little droopy.


Sometimes my job gives me the droops. Not necessarily the people or anything, but I'm a self centered all about me kinda girl ( is that a problem?) . It doesn't feel exactly convenient or fair that I live an hour and a half away from all the social happenings in C-city. That sounds so bratty, but its the truth. One by one my so called best friends for life (ok, ok high school) are moving away for college, jobs, military engagements and travel experiences. Its so hard to say good-bye. (to yestarday....cue cheesy 80s power ballad)

Mostly I feel quite successful with where everything's is going, except for when I log into Facebook and everyone's posting their college schedules. And they have these complex ridiculous classes like Social and Ethical Engineering. And I'm over here like....'this one time I built a penny tower with Sean Duffy....in an ethical manner...' Yeah. Feeling slightly inferior.Nay, droopy.

Except guess what? I'm not going to be a Chemical Engineer, or a doctor, or a scientist. I'm not going to solve world hunger or cure cancer. I'm probably not going to be wildly famous for winning the Nobel peace prize by operating on the brain of a myopic narcoleptic squirrel and causing it to have moves like Jagger.

No, I'm not really sure what I'm going to do in this life. But its probably going to be fantastic. Just in a completely different ballpark of awesome than all those over-achieving smarties.

It's thoughts like that which cause me to have a much less droopy outlook on life.

Now, I almost feel like its mandatory to talk about work again. I have made friends with most of the Rangers. Mainly because the cashiers perhaps aren't super fond of me...but also because I get bored enough to talk to those guys.

From day one I had a sort of creepy obsession with Ranger Sean Duffy.This was definetly due to all the many colorful stories I had heard about him. Alas the first few days he sadly ignored me. I desperately wanted to make his acquaintance, in fact I used to have this reoccurring fantasy that he would get attacked by a rabid prairie dog and I would save him. We would become best friends. Well now we have met (no rabid prairie dog involved) and perhaps we are not best friends, however we chat and he tells me MANY stories.

Also I am friends with Ranger Jim. Ranger Jim is secretly funny if you get him going. He also helps you find answers for your Junior Ranger booklet.

And then there is Ranger Joel. Who is like....my soul-mate. Except like 30. And we're not going to get married. Ranger Joel has a dream in life to ride through the East side Tetons (No love for the West side boys) on a wild stallion bareback that he caught and tamed. The stallion will of course be wild yet have a sense of ethics. Yeah. I really love Ranger Joel. Shannon and I  even gave him a present of a poster of the east Tetons. Also someday we might bring him a horse to ride. But first I need to figure out which horse we have has the best sense of ethics.

I'm sleepy. I'll blog about the volunteer rangers later ok? Ok.

Goodnight.....

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Keep collecting those interesting friends and writing entertaining stories about them. I live for blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...So good to have some reading material again..... It has been a while hasn't it? Your adventures at Bryce Canyon are priceless. Hope we get to see you soon. Miss you and love you........Stay sweet and beautifu;......Gram......

    ReplyDelete