Aren't long weekends fantastic? I think there is nothing better than a good long weekend. Weekends in and of themselves are wonderful, but then long weekends are like celestially beautiful.
You get to Sunday evening and you're feeling a little blue because you know that you'll have to go back to real life, but then EUREKA! You remember it's a long weekend and you don't have to go to school on Monday.
President's day in a lovely little surprise break I think. Hooray for presidents!
I think one of the best parts of going home and then coming back to my Ephraim home is the drive.
I absolutely love driving past the Manti Temple. Almost as soon as you're outside of Ephraim, you can see it, this beautiful white building up on the hill. The closer you get, the bigger and most magnificent it becomes. And then, by the time you drive past it, you can barely see it because it's so high up and big over you.
I love driving through Gunnison and thinking about my sweet Grandparents serving their mission in the prison, and of course driving past the Malt Shop. (We did have pretty fantastic feasts there!)
Of course, driving through Salina makes me think about selling our cows. Burns Saddlery with my daddy, and Mom's Cafe will ALWAYS make me think about Grandpa.
I start to get so giddy when I get to Cedar. Really, Southern Utah is such a beautiful area.
Talking with a friend today, who's going on his mission pretty soon, he's so excited to go, but he's really going to miss going up on the mountain. As we talked, I realized, pretty much everywhere I've been is beautiful in it's own way.
Don't we live in a beautiful world?
I am so happy I chose to start my 'happiness project' this year for my 2013 goal. The more, I've opened myself up to happiness, the more I seem to find.
It's not the big huge stuff that makes me happy, it's the dumb little stuff that honestly fills me with joy.
Like, a text from someone you haven't heard from for a long time, or burning your favorite candle (Lime Cilantro, weird, but soooo yummy smelling) , or drinking sparkling pink grapefruit water because pink is your favorite.
I went to Wal-Mart today, because,
1. I like food, it is essential to life.
2. I live in Ephraim, and there is not many places to go.
I won't even lie to you, I started laughing more than was probably healthy. There were huge signs everywhere about all the Valentine's Day paraphernalia 75% off. Flowers, candy, cards, cheap jewlry, you name it.
I was pretty tempted to buy me some Transformers Valentines, you know, cause you just don't know when you might need one of those. Actually now that I think about it, I could just start passing out those bad boys out to everyone on campus. This feels like a really good idea.
But anyway, call me unromantic, but personally, I think if men were smart they'd buy their significant other's Valentine's gifts after Valentine's. Kills the romance completely, but it would save you lots of money.
Just a thought.
Anywho. I'm going to take a power nap. Which is actually when I lay in my blankets, hold a stuffed monkey, and squeeze my eyes tight and pretend like I'm going to fall asleep.





Love it when you come home to visit!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Erin Marty,....So happy to see your post.....I have been trying to do some family search on the computer and havn't been on line much and seems like every time I started someone would call or come to visit....So happy that we got to see you a little bit.....Never is quite enough time with you.... Gramps is finally getting better. We did get him to Kyson's funeral services on Saturday....It was a good one. We are having lots of new baby calves now and the snow is making it very difficult for tham and their momies. It sounds like your power naps are something like mine unless i am sick then I can sleep pretty much all day...Love you and love your view of the Temple and surrounding area. Made me lonesome for our mission.........Keep smiling...Love your HAPPiNESS GOAL....I think I will join you in it......Hugs from Gramps and Gram...
ReplyDeleteIt was great to read your post. And perhaps you should go back and see if those transformer valentines are still there. Think of the potential of "transforming" lives! Powerful! I had a fun flashback to the roses you brought my girls last year!
ReplyDelete