Thursday, September 26, 2013

Dirty little secret

Guys. I'm on fire with this blogging stuff. Who's impressed? Anyone?

This girl is on fire. Too old of a reference? Sorry.


I mean, sure, this streak of blogging will die off, and we will go back to months between posts, but let's enjoy this while it lasts.
I'm going to confess a dirty secret of mine. Not all of my dirty secrets mind you, that would take all day, and I just do not have time for that.

To begin, I consider myself a mostly educated person. I can read. I can write. Most of the time I understand all of the jokes in the newspapers' comic strips. Occasionally I listen to NPR.
All of these facts, I use as a blanket of excuses to cover up my one dirty media secret.
I have a soft spot for crappy reality television.
I have literally seen every cycle of America's Next Top model. Heck, I even know to call them cycle's instead of seasons. Something about watching a bunch of type A personalities do photoshoots and try to scratch each other's eyes out is fascinating. I know nothing about the fashion industry, and I miss the height requirement for modeling by at least 8 inches. Yet there I sit, nodding my head agreeing with Tyra that a certain model was not "smizing" in her picture. Preach girl.

I feel so much better admitting that.

Now onto things of substance. Missionary pals :)

Elder Bishop/Bill reached his one year mark last week! I am so incredibly proud of that boy. He is doing such good work in Korea, and before I even know it he will be home!

Also he sent me this picture of Beauty and the Beast gum he purchased in Korea. I don't want to sound needy, and ungrateful, but why isn't this a bigger thing in America? We need this. I cannot be expected to chew mere regular gum. Happiness isn't good enough, I demand euphoria. Also Disney gum.

Regrettably, I do not have any pictures from Elder Passey, however he's doing awesome as always. I am, however, a little worried he will never come home. He is so incredibly in love with Russia, and the Russian people and culture! He is already planning to continue studying and speaking Russian when he comes home. What a great kid.

And last, but not least Elder Cardon. Recently Elder Cardon has been transferred from Brussels, Belgium to Nantes, France. I know he did wonderful work in Brussels, and loved it there, but I know for sure, he will do wonderfully in Nantes. And hopefully, I will do some research, and learn precisely where Nantes is. Yay for ignorance. I don't have much else to update you on with Elder Cardon. He sent me a few pictures.
I pretty much assume this means he's doing ok. Either that or there are some freaky Nacho Libre-esque things going down in France. 

Anyway. I think that's about it.
Thanks Ryan Gosling. You beautiful human you. 




2 comments:

  1. Keep up the streak. Seriously, your humor lights up my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you beautiful, sweet Erin.....Love your blogs also....They are so much fun..... Sound like the Elders are doing great...It is amazing how many wonderful people are out there serving our Heavenly Father all over the world....Bless them all...

    ReplyDelete