Thursday, December 5, 2013

An ending....but also a new begining

Today, December 5th we celebrate the death of a close friend. I'm actually not even talking about Nelson Mandela, although yes I was deeply saddened by his passing as well.
Nay, I refer to the death of Barbie. My former laptop. Oh the sweet sweet times we spent together. Writing papers, listening to music, perusing Netflix, and possibly indulging in some slight Facebook stalking. Oh Barbie, words cannot describe my love for all of your weird quirks. Like how sometimes randomly you close documents I was working on, you were right, I didn't actually wanna finish that English paper. I loved the way people stared at me and wondered if perhaps I was psychotic to have a neon pink laptop. And in your last days Barbie, I really loved how you decided to kill the enter key, it didn't complicate my life at all, only added adventure in trying to work around it.
But, one fateful day, Barbie was viciously attacked by a virus or something. (I'm not a computer genius guys, I dunno this tech-y lingo) And before my eyes, I watched as Barbie deleted everything and shut down. So much was lost that day. Pictures (true), music (true), dreams (semi true), hope (partial lie) and that great American novel I was writing (blatant lie).
Barbie's hard drive breathed it's last breath of life, and died.
*Respectful moment of silence*

So today I graduated into the grown up world of laptops. Ya know, the kind that work all of the time, and aren't obnoxiously pink, and actually have disk drives, and look like they do important work. It's bittersweet. Well not really. Although, now I feel like I should probably act more like an adult and only blog about adult things. Like 401k's, and insurance, and house payments, and how the youth of today are ungrateful little poops. But let's get real, I don't know about any of that stuff.

4 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR NEW BEGINING. I know you will love it and accomplish many great and wonderful things......Above all keep bloging...Love, love, love, your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA. You have my condolences.

    ReplyDelete