Thursday, July 31, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I liked writing my last Thankful Thursday post, so why not do it again? There is, in my opinion, never a wrong time to acknowledge all the good that life has to offer. Because life is good, every day ought to be a celebration that we get to be alive and experience all life has to offer.

So, without further rambling, here is what is making me thankful lately.

  • I am thankful for kind and positive people. The other day I was walking to the car with a few bags of groceries by myself, when a boy probably no more than 12 offered to help me carry my bags. I was so impressed with what a kind and thoughtful gesture it was.  Being positive and kind is something I am trying very hard to cultivate in my life, being positive makes the good times better and the bad times much easier to handle. All our interactions with other people ought to be centered around being thoughtful and positive, it is completely possible to express ourselves without disrespecting, hurting, or demeaning others. 
  • I am thankful for rain. (I'm sorry dad, I know it's ruining your hay) Rainy and cloudy days are one of my most favorite things. It really almost makes it better to have rainy days during the summer, because it saves you from living in the heat. 
  • I am thankful for the opportunity to try new things! As I have stated many times, I am not a crafty person. My mother made me go to this after school program thing during elementary where you played games and made little crafty projects. All the children would go home with lovely bead necklaces, or painted projects or festive wreaths...and pretty much no matter what I made turned into a mess. I'm not crafty. I dream of being crafty. Actually, I fantasize about being a sweet little old lady like my Grandma Barton and having a beautiful backyard and cooking good food and making lots of crafts and quilts. So, working towards my sweet little old lady goals, I've taken up cross stitching! It makes me feel quite classy, also like I should exclusively wear cardigans and orthopedic shoes. It's a win all around if ya know what I mean. 
  • I am thankful for guacamole. Because I think it is highly delicious. Smashed avocados speak to me on a deep and soulful level. 
  • I am thankful for the movie You've Got Mail. Because it is my most favorite movie probably ever. It cheers me up extensively every time I indulge and watch it. I feel quite sincerely that I am Kathleen Kelly. And if I am not Kathleen Kelly, then I am Joe Fox. And if I am not Joe Fox, I would probably settle for being Frank. Because I am very good at rambling in a pseudo-intellectual way about being a lone reed. 
  • Lastly, I am thankful for this post ( please please please click on the link) I found on LDS Living that shows some of the Apostles on their wedding day. It's potentially the most adorable thing of all time. 


Basically what I'm getting at once again, is there's a lot of under-appreciated good in life. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for you! And your example to me��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know how I missed this last time I checked to see if there were any new posts,,,,,As usual I loved reading it. I think everyone should write a thankful post every week { or every day} we have so much to be thankful for. You are an amazing young woman and you have so many gifts and abilities. I am so thankful to have you as one of my granddaughters. Stay awesome and keep smiling....{Also keep writing..You have a special gift} Love you tons.....

    ReplyDelete