Maybe in bullet points because I really like that sort of thing.
- The twins graduated from Cedar High School. And we are pleased as punch about that. Joining the adult ranks is really great even if you have to wear silly robes and caps to do it.
- My dear dear Galaxy passed away, forcing me to grudgingly inherit Shannon's old iphone. Needless to say, I am not impressed. Boo to you iphone.
- Let me tell you something about YSA wards, first of all I prefer calling them just plain ol singles wards. Or shark tanks. Depending on how snarky I'm feeling. The thing about YSA wards is that they're a real Russian roulette sort of experience. Will I have a regular church experience today? Or will I cringe sooooo hard at the shenanigans that I'm afraid I'll die of second hand embarrassment? It's a real gamble. Fast and Testimony meeting-which I confess I wish was actually fast testimony meeting-is by far the most risky. The last one I was treated to a lengthy discourse by a 'swole bro' who compared lifting and protein powder to prayer and scripture study. I listened in partial shock/awe/utter mortification and looked around for some fellow pew sitter validation that this was in fact weird. Instead I found a myriad of 'bros' nodding sagely at this profound sermon. I think perhaps I am attending the wrong church sometimes.
- Sometimes well meaning friends give your number to people who supposedly 'you'll just totally love'. Except almost always you find out some minorly horrifying things about this person and wonder if your friends love/respect you at all.
- If you are looking for a hobby that is equal parts soul crushing and time consuming, I recommend getting bangs and then trying to grow them out again. My middle school emo patronus has never been stronger.
- Since the cats been let partially out of the bag already, I'll shove the feline the rest of the way out right now. I'm considering going to esthetician school. Maybe. Possibly. Who really even knows at this point. I could ramble on about how I've lost my testimony in the higher education system and the horrors of student debt and lack of job placement in degree field and stuff. But the point is, I have some serious doubts of where and what I'm doing career-wise lately. And much like Utah road construction, it's probably not going to end any time soon.





Hang in there beautiful... Life is often like that...Up's and down's.....It is a great ride in the end....You will come through with flying colors. You have time to explore all options and find just the right spot for you to grow and thrive in. There are endless possibilities and whatever looks and feels right to you will be the right choice. Thanks for posting...I love how you express yourself...That is a great gift. Come and visit....Would you like to go to Hatch with Cherene and I tomorrow to put flowers on he graves? We would love to have you...
ReplyDelete