Yes, a new life is beginning in August in the thriving metropolis of Ephraim, Utah. But currently,I'm stuck in limbo.
The awkward limbo of "oh garbage now what? What just happened? Where is my tribe of peeps? Why can't I grow a mustache?!?"
Graduation is a joke. For real. I don't know quite what I was envisioning...oh wait yes I do. It was magical, and perfect and we all live happily ever after in my fantasy graduation. Let me introduce you to the reality of wearing ugly hot red robes, standing in line FOR-EV-ER and then feeling like your entire world was wrenched away from you by moving a lame tassel from one side of your idiotic hat to the other. There was no fun involved for the graduates. I think its only enjoyable for parents. And even that is an iffy statement
Needless to say I did not enjoy graduation. However, let me share the 'gems' of wisdom I learned from it.
- It is in fact possible for someone to do Hamlet's famous monologue at 90 mph (Thank you Taylor Hall)
- There is no worse feeling of panic then the moment they accidentally announce that the orchestra is going to play the national anthem when they really are not.
- Graduation is a a ceremony where literally bazillions of cliche quotes are used.
- If you want to be successful, be smart...and wear cowboy boots. (I know mind blown right?)
- When one end of your straw has a crack in it...flip it over and continue drinking.
- Principal Garrett likes to sing songs from Mulan in his office apparently
- Microphones are important if you want anyone to hear the choir sing
- Not wearing heels at graduation=best decision I ever made.
Maybe its the fact that my motivation for basic hygiene has diminished or maybe the fact that I have done literally NOTHING productive since graduation. But currently I am not feeling like a ray of sunshine.
You only live once (YOLO) and maybe next week I will look back on Thursday the 24th of May as a day to be remembered fondly.
Until then, excuse me while I continue to wallow aimlessly in self pity.





Don't worry, your life is not over! It just gets more fun from here! You will soon learn that freshman year at college is a lot like high school but you have more freedom and more choice about what to do with your time. So, more fun!! You'll love college.
ReplyDeleteI can't prevent myself from commenting that growing a mustache is not as cool as you think! (Although I'll surely wish I had). Honestly, take my word for it.
ReplyDeletetomorrow will be a better day. And the next day even better!!! Ephraim is a great place to live!!! and you will LOVE Snow College!!! So keep smiling:) and look on the bright side!!
ReplyDelete......Love you tons, Gram