So here goes.
Sippy Cup Confessional- Naivety only works for so long...
I'm pretty certain I'm spoiled. I know you shouldn't admit that you're spoiled, but I cannot deny the truth before me any longer. I am nearly 18, and I have gassed up my car, Bueller, 3 times in my entire existence. That's rather pathetic. I would much rather send my momma or my poppa to gas it up and take the money out of my account than do it by myself.
But guess what? Ephraim is 2 hours away, and I'm certain poppa Heap doesn't want to visit me every time I need to gas up.
Yestarday, I gassed up by myself, at possibly the most ghetto gas station in Cedar City, Utah.
I stared at the pump for a good 5 minutes before I could think of how I was going to do this gassing up business. Being naive only works for so long my friends. You need to know how to do all these adult-y things in order function in society as an adult-to-be.
In other news, last night was the Senior night at the Institute, which I attended practically. Well, I skipped the food and the devotional. But I did show up for 45 minutes of solid socializing. I am a good socializer, because I talk to strangers. (Learned that from my poppa) I think I am going to enjoy this awkward Institute business of socializing. One of the Institute teachers came up to me and whispered, " What's your name?" I told him and he promptly brought 3 young men over and said to them, " This is my good friend Erin. Erin theses are my good friends Nate, Brandon and Darla. (yeah a boy named Darla, lets hope its a nickname) Now MINGLE!" And then he walked away.
I am loving the awkward forceful mingling business. Its hilarious.





Oh Cute Erin. How I relate to this post...... I still HATE to fill up the car. and I had to be forced to learn to drive the car. Why did I need to learn??? I had a big brother and two big sisters who drove and could take me anywhere I needed to go Right?.... any way I am so proud of you. I promise it will get easier and easier. AND HAY...... you did sooo good at the social....Way to go girl ..... love the music... How snazzy can you get????
ReplyDeletelove you....Gram......
It's going to be a grand adventure for you this year. Can't wait to se you in action at the YSA Stake. If that's either alarming or awkward-I promise not to notice you! :)
ReplyDelete