I be here in my sweet sweet little adobe in Ephraim. I made it up safe and sound yesterday afternoon after a wonderful adventure.
I went to gas up Bueller and my debit card rejected my pin number. Probably the biggest panic attack of my life. Luckily I drove to the seminary and my daddy sacrificed his precious time with freshman registrars and took me to the back to change my pin number. That man is a hero.
I arrived after two and a half hours of singing unabashedly at the top of my lungs, and being frustrated with road construction and semis, I finally arrived. The magical moment of driving up to a cute little house is almost indescribable. Something along the lines of " Oh beautiful house! You're mine you're mine you're mine!! Ok not really mine but for $900 I get to pretend like your mine for the semester!" runs through your mind. The moment I stepped one foot out of my car, there was Cayley, running towards me screaming my name. It was terrifying but also really appreciated. We hugged and giggled and squealed while our attractive neighbors looked on in interest and fear. Who are these attractive yet clearly disturbed young ladies in the road?, they thought. Or at least, that's what they should have thought.
Then we unpacked. Nothing on earths is more enjoyable. Going up and down stairs while your super attractive neighbors watch you struggle to carry load after load after load of clothes really constitutes the perfect day. After we packed all of our things upstairs we went to Wal-Mart to buy groceries. And maybe we bought 27 dresses because its a classic.
We ate dinner, and Megan, an adorable girl I had French with in high school came to visit me. We watched 27 dresses and then talked forever. Because girls never shut up.
Sometime during the wee hours of the morning we staggered upstairs to go to bed. And in the hot muggy upstairs room of my darling little house I spend my first night in leopard print sheets.
It seems really surreal living here right now, because it seems like a sleepover. I desperately need school to starts so I can have something better to do with my life than rearrange furniture and dance in the puddles on the road during rainstorms.
Tonight Cayley and I explored a little bit of the campus and went to check out the Student Center. Not too shabby ladies and gents, not too shabby of a place. Unfortunately the bookstore isn't open or else I would have picked up my textbooks.
Speaking of textbooks. Biggest rip off of my life. Why are they so expensive? Ordering textbooks, or rather my mother ordering textbooks, made me decide my major mighty quick. Math and Science books are more expensive than English and Psych books. Not only that Math and Science is for losers. Very smart and rich losers. I am not going to be a smart and rich loser.
Anyhow, after our wanderings around campus we made dinner. We made homemade alfredo sauce with cute bowtie pasta and lemonade. I made the sauce Grammie Marilyn style: thick delicious and fattening! And yes, it was a hit with the roomies :)
Tomorrow I depart back to Cedar City, so I may bask in the presence of Shannon and Matthew Charles Coffin at their ultra suave open house on Saturday.
In the words of the immortal Ferris Bueller, the inspiration behind my Buick's name and all around my hero in life-
" Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it"





Oh Erin, both Angie and I miss-understood and thought you were in your first week of school..OOOps.....
ReplyDeleteAny way still hope your first days and moving in were great and it sounds like both were. I am so excited to see you in PERSON.... UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL AND HEAR OF YOUR GREAT ADVENTURES. See you in Cedar City on Saturday. Thanks for posting and for being so sweet and CUTE,,,,,,
LOVE ...GRAM....
I'm so glad you came back to be ultra suave at our ultra suave gathering. ;) I think it sounds like sooo much fun! I'm excited for you Er! And I totally have to come visit sometime because I must witness the cute neighbors and leopard sheets and maybe the malt shop feasts. :) Love ya!
ReplyDelete