- As a kid I thought 16 was the pinnacle of a human beings existence. Because prom, duh. What more could you possibly get out of life? So, pretty much anything beyond 16 was downhill. Thankfully (like can I get a hallelujuh up in here?) that is not the case.
- Because my mom got married at 19, I really thought I would too, because obviously you always follow exactly in your parents footsteps. ;) If that's actually a thing though...I'm very behind schedule.
- I've spent 19 and a half years thinking that gogurt was special yogurt, or at least different than yogurt in some way. It's not guys. It's seriously just yogurt in a tube.
- I think dark nail polish is beautiful and classy...until it chips. After that, it looks like a middle school-er going through their 'emo' phase.
- Thought Catalog is a huge guilty pleasure for me. Reading pointless humor or advice articles is like cocaine to me.
- I love that getting older has allowed me to have more of a friend relationship with my parents. That Mike and Connie, they're real cool cats. (Parents..sorry I called you Mike and Connie on the internet. I'm not sure if we're close enough for that yet)
- Texting has ruined my ability to type on keyboards. What do you mean you can't double-space to put a period?
- I have a nearly constant monologue going on in my head. I'm convinced it's a blessing that only I can hear my thoughts.
- If I find a song I like, I will play it repeatedly, until I hate it. (I have ruined Love is Blindness by Jack White this week, and I am not sorry.)
- I refuse to be ashamed that pink is my favorite color.
- Cat jokes, mullets, beards, any meme with Leonardo DiCaprio, and The Mindy Project are pretty solid reasons for happiness in my existence.
- I kept my hair short for years, because of one girl who told me 'my face was like totally too round for long hair'. (jokes on you random girl. Jokes. On. You)
- I refer to almost everyone as my best friend. It seems mean to categorize people into friends and best friends. I throw around the friend word the way Oprah gives out cars to her audience, everybody gets a car.
- I'm highly opinionated, but I hate arguing or debating with people.
- Regularly, I get embarrassed for other people when they do something embarrassing. I still can't watch Anne of Green Gables without feeling highly mortified the entire time. That girl seriously is too much for me to handle
- The best book I have ever read in my life is Life of Pi. It's the most different and unique book I've ever encountered, and not at all predictable.
- I think love triangles in books, tv shows, or movies are highly annoying.
- I'm relatively stubborn. Generally speaking, once my mind is made up, it's pointless to try to sway me one way or the other.
- I live with clinical depression and struggle with anxiety, usually in the form of obsessive and compulsive behavior. It's difficult,and it's been a major game changer for me. It's caused me to put everything in perspective and decide what's important and what's not. I hate that it makes me have to work harder than others to function on a 'normal' level, but I love that it forces me to constantly actively look for good and positive things around me.
- I'm a religious person. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I don't talk about that aspect of my life nearly enough. I love the gospel completely. It has changed me and shaped me into a better person. I completely respect, that other may not feel the same way as I do, and whole-heartedly believe that whatever believe system a person chooses, is a good thing so long as it makes them fulfilled and happy.
Tuesday, May 6, 2014
20 for 20
In honor of it being May, and my birthday month, I thought we'd celebrate with 20 things about me in honor of me living on this planet for 20 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Love you Erin girl....I enjoy reading your blogs and keeping up on what is going on in your life.....I miss you and wish you would come and see me more often. May is an awesome month to have a Birthday....Lets have a great celebration.....
ReplyDeleteLove all 20, but I'm partial to # 8. Me too! Only sometimes I do a dialogue and it's super frustrating when the folks I've imagined conversations with don't know their lines!
ReplyDeleteI loved this peek into your 20 year old self! I love it! You will continue to have birthdays and celebrations and life will work out exactly as it should for you. I got to the point that birthdays were coming on to fast which meant that I was getting old, but my perspective changed dramatically a few years ago and now I celebrate each and every one and part way through the year as well! Hooray for getting old! Old is good!
ReplyDelete