Sunday, September 16, 2012

Got 99 problems...but a roommate ain't one!

I came home this weekend. Because I have the privilege and opportunity of attending the mission farewell of Robert Craig Bishop, occasionally known as Bill, as he goes to serve in Seoul Korea. In November, I will have the privilege and opportunity to be in Cedar to attend Ronald Vernal Passey's farewell, occasionally known as 'that kid with the nice car', as he goes to Novosibirsk Russia. In December, I will be back for the opportunity to attend the mission farewell of Alex Evan Jolley, occasionally known as Herbert, as he also goes to Seoul Korea.

I'm a privileged and lucky girl right?  There's no way I could be prouder of these boys :)

But, I digress. I came home with the intention of doing homework and hanging out with people. When in reality, I hung out with the twins and got caught up on all the Cedar City drama (it was good stuff) and then I spent the rest of the day with Cayley. Yes, the one I live with.

So essentially, I drove 169 miles, give or take, so I could hang out with a girl that I see every day. The irony of this situation is not lost on me. But you gotta understand, it was a necessary evil. And I will tell you why. Boys. Boys are the cause-ers of drama!

Unfortunately, Cayley and her lovely boyfriend broke up, which is a sad and dreadful experience. Meanwhile in the realms of my love life, I had just realized that Channing Tatum was a married man and our secret love affair was clearly a figment of my overly active imagination. I'm sure you can understand the grief of that situation.Cards of condolences are welcome in my time of grief.

But before anyone's imagination starts running wild, let me halt it in its tracks. NO, I did not see Mr. Cardon. Because that was not in the plan of coming to Cedar. And NO nothing is going on betwixt us. I know you understand. Thank you for your cooperation :)

So,anyhow, Cayley and I needed a girl party. The kind where you are eating disgusting unhealthy food and hating on men (even though you don't really hate men) and watching chick flicks that kinda make you lose faith in humanity because reality does not match cinema. But, instead of chick flicks we watched Napoleon Dynamite. Cause, well, its a classic. And we can quote the next line before its said. Which is incredibly sad, but enjoyable. It's just weird not being around her all the time. When I have tried to sleep,I have found myself wondering why I can't hear Cayley breathing, and it kinda freaks me out until I remember she's not across the room. I'm accustomed to her presence and its a little strange not having her around.

I'm more than just lucky to have a roommate that I like to be with all the time. Its rather serendipitous don't ya think? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you rap song reference titles :) they make me giggle! and im glad you are enjoying college! watch a good sappy chick flick and a a whole tub of chocolately goodness just for me!

    ReplyDelete