Friday, September 28, 2012

Strange Clouds

Have you ever been frightened? So incredibly confused and disturbed that you didn't even know what to do with yourself?

No? Ok, must just be me over here.

Let me set the stage for this story. Today, Cayley decided to go to Salt Lake to see her long lost relatives...or something like that. Naturally I was slightly devastated because my home-girl was deserting me for a few days.

For some reason I thought that cookin fajitas for dinner would elevate my mood. Not because, fajitas normally have that sort of effect on me. Mostly because that just sounded like yummyness. So I ventured to the wonderful land of Wal-Mart (to be read, the house of horror) to buy peppers.
Does buying peppers make anyone else happy? It makes me happy. I think its the colors. Putting bright red and orange and yellow peppers in my basket not only made me feel semi-healthy but genuinely filled with joy. Which either is a testament to how much enjoyment I glean from the small and simple things....or a sign I really need to get out more. The point is in a sea of unhappy customers in a land of commercialism, I was the dumb little girl buying peppers happily.
Now this is the part where I'm fairly certain my favorite Aunt Cherene needs to pay particular attention. If you read nothing else. Please read this part. I bought the most fantastic Beatles t-shirt for cheap. Because it was so fantastic. I needed it. Granted its like 5 bazillion times too big for me. But I think I can pull it off somehow.
That just put me over the edge of happiness pretty much. Now, if Santa will kindly have his elves procure this little beauty I will just explode with joy.




I'm just sayin ok?









OK anyway. After the Wal-Mart trip. I took myself on a walk. Which was also pretty spectacular. Its practically the best time of the year, don't ya know? Fall is THEE best season. And I don't want to brag, but for a teeny baby college, Snow has a pretty darn cute campus. I picked a good place I believe.
On my walk, I encountered much wild-life. You think I'm going to make some smart alecky comparison between various stereotype students and animals? Sorry, no, I literally mean wild-life.
Like a praying mantis.
The kind that probably eat little girls purple painted ties.
I jumped over that sucker like a pro.
I do not even feel like that was overreacting. Because he was huge. And he probably would've followed me home and eaten my face off in the night if I had messed with him.

Face of a bloodthirsty killer













 But this next wild-life encounter I think you will appreciate more. Actually, it made m think of my sweet grammy Marilyn. I love that woman :)
My neighbors have nothin in their backyard except vast nothingness. And lots of tall grass. The kind that were I an obnoxious 4 year old I would so be inviting Shannon to play Lion king in. And in their tall grass today were nestled two little fawns.
Isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever heard!?
I wanted to squeal right out loud.
Something like this...but TWO of them.
So twice the cuteness.
It was a moment where I wished I had a camera. Or at least had brought my phone :/






Because fawns are cute. I have no qualms with the idea of shooting one of these in the grown up version...which probably qualifies me as a bloodthirsty killer. I'm pretty much ok with this. Bring the hunt on!!




Basically what I'm getting at was it was a highly serendipitous day. I came home after my walk and cooked up my fajitas. I used a new recipe that I found on pinterest. It was a disappointment, still really yummy, I just like my other recipe much better.

The rest of the evening was uneventful. The twins informed me of the Redmen losing their Homecoming game...again. Poor boys :/ They also told me that football boys smell funny. :) I enjoy their little gems of wisdom.

Then I went to sleep. Which sadly enough, is always the highlight of my day. Your head hitting the pillow and just WHAM!  being asleep. My favorite!

I know what you're thinking, 'ummmm where does the part about being frightened and disturbed come in??'
 Hold your ponies I'm getting there!

In my dream there was this odd buzzing noise, nay a vibration. My sleepy brain realized that was a phone call. Groggily I checked my phone. My pretty little pink phone had 2 voicemails.

2 voicemails where I got serenaded by Justin Bieber. We knew he loved me. This just confirmed it. Ok,  so maybe it wasn't the Biebs. It was probably Mr. Cardon. Being half asleep its easy to confuse the screeching of Mr. Cardon with the silky loveliness of the Biebs. I don't know how...but you know stranger things have happened.
Needless to say, it was a really weird moment in my life. Frightening. And disturbing. In broad day light when you're fully conscious its not a big deal. But half asleep, I assure you, its a scary experience.

While, I'm sure his mommy loves his singing all the time, I think I prefer it when I'm not sleepy and alone in my really dark room.

If it was possible to share this wonderful voicemail with all of y'all, trust me, I would.

Aaaaaaand that's it. Yup.

I'm gonna go back to sleep now thanks!

5 comments:

  1. I wish that you would have had your camera too!
    I agree with you about buying peppers. It's definitely something to do with the colors. When I green peppers I don't get a lot of satisfaction; BUT when I buy yellow, orange, or red peppers it is QUITE delightful, not to mention DE-lish :D By the way...Santa says no way to Lil Wayne...he just creeps me out :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. SQQUUEEAALL.....ERIN ARE YOU SERIOUS????? Did you really see two baby fawns? That is spectacularly, wonderfully, awesome...... I also loved the wicked looking praying mantis.... I could do without strange looking critters like him.... Also the shopping for pretty colored peppers sounded like an adventure I would have LOVED TO SHARE WITH YOU. They are so gorgeous and delish. Definately exciting stuff.... Tahks for sharing your adventurea with us.. i LOVE READING YOUR BLOG......Keep posting love you tons....Gram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - thanks for sharing a new level of Serentipity! Amazing day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you share my joy in buying peppers and I agree that it is probably the bright array of colors! and if I was santa I would definitely create that shirt for you :) and bring a beatles shirt that fit....and sang...and lit up... because you are just that cool lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry about the dashing of your Christmas dream, but I don't even know lil Wayne, I bet Brandon does. tee hee
    Loved this great post and I agree, spectacular day! Oh my gosh to find not one, but two fawns in the tall grass. Momma did a good job hiding them, but glad it was you who found them and not some obnoxious boy who would scare them up and out of their hiding place.
    sounds like you are having a great time at college and turning every experience into a great adventure. Enjoy every second of it! You are amazing, brilliant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete