Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Hipster Jeff

Ahhhh Hipster Jeff. A boy so wonderful he needed to get his own post.

So let's begin.
Once upon a time Erin Marty was in a class called "Intro to Poetry", which was quite an interesting experience. It was a place where a soft spoken stereotypical poetry professor with his custom made gold cuff-links and short skinny 60's ties waxes eloquent on adulterous poems and blushes while he does so. It's an environment where everyone fumbles around with grasping the deeper meaning of poems about prisoners that have had lobotomy procedures done. Intro to Poetry class is a breeding ground for hipsters. Its underground, not mainstream at all and therefore totally cool. Thusly we get to hipster Jeff. Hipster Jeff has the brown messy hair and an extremely scruffy face. Might I add though that its an attractive scruffy face? Cause it is. He has the typical ironically large nerd classes that cover half of his face, and every day without fail he manages to wear a t-shirt for a band that I have never heard of. Because my taste in music is decidedly too mainstream to even scrape the surface of his all knowing underground music ways. Sometimes he wears these ultra suave red Capri's that I'm 36% certain come from the children's section. And of course, no hipster outfit would be complete without a well-worn pair of TOMS. We read some pretty off beat poetry. Some might call it tasteless at times, largely because it IS tasteless sometimes. Sometimes, however, its just ridiculous. Like the other day we read a poem about a woman who is trying to get rid of all the gophers on her property so she ends up killing them one by one in different ways. How deep can a murderous gopher poem get? Well....Hipster Jeff piped up and began a  10 minute monologue on how this poem was really about the holocaust and the gophers were Russian POWs and the woman was a symbol of prejudice and hate.

And I was just sitting there like. Boom! Mind blown. Anything I would ever want to say about that poem was immediately never going to be said. Because holocaust comparisons blow everything else out of the water.

Ever since the gopher poem incidence, hipster Jeff has LOTS to say in class. I believe I have learned the deepest meaning in poetry possible because of this man. The fact that he's a bazillion times more attractive than the professor has nothing to do with me listening to him so intently....

Hipster Jeff is also believes Obama might be the anti-Christ. And that the entire government should be overthrown and we should just live by our wits. And he's a self proclaimed nonconformist.

So yes, he has flaws. But I'd be a lying woman if I didn't say I wasn't slightly in love with him. Because let's get real here, I'm slightly in love with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Erin I think no one...I mean ,,,Really NO ONE meets as many interesting people as you do.... Is this guy for real???? Any way sounds like he really makes the class interesting....... COME HOME...... WE ARE LONESOME TO SEE YOU..... Love you soooo mucg...Gram...

    ReplyDelete