Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I hate thinking of titles. In case anyone wondered, I will stare at my screen for a good 5 minutes trying to think of a title. I hate titles. I get stressed out trying to title anything. Papers, blog posts, you name it. 

Today is Wednesday, even though it feels like its supposed to be Tuesday. MLK day always throws me off for the the rest of the week. The upside is that when it's Friday I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Wednesday's are kinda no bueno. Only because they are Biology days. I have Biology bright and early at 9 am. Which for everyone else on planet earth isn't early at all.
BUT in my defense, homework and other festivities at my humble abode last until midnight or later. So when you take that into consideration 9 am is a little bit early. 

It is the biggest battle of my life convincing myself to get out of bed and go to class. So I roll out of bed and throw whatever I feel like on and sleep walk to class. And then I sit in a semi dark auditorium with other sleep deprived zombies and try to learn about the Calvin cycle and electron transport, without falling asleep. And I do that until 11:30. Yes, you read that right. 9-11:30. It's my longest class ever. 2 and a half hours of just sitting kinda makes a girl crazy.

Lucky for me, it's only twice a week. So only twice a week I am a zombie for the first half of the day. I'm kinda grateful natural hair and ironically un-matched clothes is in style. A few years ago ( at least at Cedar High) everybody either straightened their hair perfectly, or curled it flawlessly. That's still cute and whatnot, but luckily letting your hair do its own natural wave is now acceptable, and considered attractive. If that's not serendipitous I don't know what is. 
The only thing is, I realized when I let my hair do whatever it wants, I look like Russell Brand.
Like literally. That's me. Minus the beard. Except for the minor detail that I'm not a man, nor British. But we both are incredibly weird, have gross hair, and are wildly hilarious.
So basically we're twins.


I don't know about you, but I'm kinda wanting the weather to change. Either I would like another snow storm, or I would like some sunshine. If it snows, then I will feel like the freezingness is justified, and sunshine is just a great thing all over the place. However the overcast freezingness is just sorta depressing.

Random question. Have you ever been talking to someone and a complete stranger laughs at the funny things you say? That happens to me a lot. Part of me feels validated that people who don't even know me think I'm funny. But on the other hand I kinda feel like I didn't invite them to laugh at my joke and they ought to keep their giggles to themselves. When I say something hilarious, which let's face it is all the time, I ask myself why I don't have a sitcom based on me yet. Actually that's not true. But it should be.

Today, in accordance with my happiness project of 2013 I complimented someone on their beautiful eyelashes. I think the best part of that compliment was it was to a man. And they were fake eyelashes. You know, the ones that you glue on your eyelid and you look like you have glamourous long eyelashes? Yup those are the kind he had glued on,but his also had sparkles. We may need to get to know each other a little better. In fact, we may need to become best friends.



1 comment: